It is that time of the month again! Our Burris Success Stories are brief highlights of Burris team members who have risen up through the company by way of hard work, dedication and commitment. This month we highlight Steve Tuttle from our Burris Elkton facility.
We asked Steve to answer 7 quick questions to paint a better picture of his journey from Order Selector to Warehouse Supervisor in a little over 3 years.
1. What was your first position with Burris?
I started with Burris in March of 2009 as a selector.
2. Why did you join the Burris team?
I joined Burris initially to drive for them.
3. How did you learn about and become interested in following a career path in Warehouse Operations?
I developed a good relationship with supervisors on the PM shift. They encouraged me on numerous occasions to apply for supervisory opportunities because they felt as though I had a plethora of knowledge within warehouse operations.
4. What did you learn that helped you to grow? Was there anyone who was a mentor to you?
I had to learn what Leadership was really about, and how there was multiple facets of who makes a true leader and what skills are needed. Bill Morrow, through positive coaching and development, was instrumental in guiding me to this next step in my career with Burris.
5. What advice do you have for fellow Burris team members on career opportunities at Burris?
I would have to tell them to gain as much knowledge about Burris from a business perspective as they can. Also, always look for ways to continue your advancement – you might not be ready at the time a position opens up, but you can prepare for the next opening.
6. What do you like about the positions you have held at Burris?
All the positions that I have held at Burris have been challenging in their own way, and this is what I most like about them.
Great work Steve! Thank you for being an important part of the Burris Team!0 No Comments Yet